Monday, June 30, 2008

MeanMean Monday

irate.gif
For those of you who don't know, I received the nickname MeanMean at work from a fellow co-worker. It surprisingly(ok, not really) stuck. Today MeanMean was in full force. I don't know what it was but a guy at work has been giving me sh*t on a regular basis about the food I bring in, and that I must be rich since I choose not to eat the food made at work. Today just it just really pissed me off, because #1 I am far from rich, which is why I working at this freaking place and #2 the food at work sucks, is full of white, bad carbs and nasty casseroles, and best of all, #3 made by inmates. Now I will admit to eating the crap when I first started, but truly there are only a few meals worth thinking about eating and I was a bit naive to what goes down in the kitchen. The only things I will even break down to have is the milk which comes in cartons, but is made by the prison dairy, so it still gives me the creeps, hard boiled eggs since what ever nastiness was in the water or pan gets taken off with the shell or things that come still in the package, ie chips, cereal.
From then on, I had my cranky pants on. Needless to say, I was very happy the work day ended. Dealing with crazy people can wear on you. The next 2 days I get to deal with sick and dying people we'll see how that goes. Peanut Butter and I got a short run in, I my knees have been aching and it wasn't what I wanted to do, but I feel much better. Who knows maybe I'll run to the ball fields tonite too, or I might just walk, we'll see.
Almost forgot Natalie is doing a give-a-way from her Paisley Lane Jewelry. She has some beautiful stuff.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I know you're not mean! I don't know how you keep your sanity working there.