Peanut Butter and I took in the Olbrich Garden's butterfly house yesterday.
It was pretty neat. Peanut Butter liked matching up the butterflies we saw with the chart. But, Peanut Butter was unimpressed with the short walk we took in the actual gardens. So it was a fairly quick trip.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Food, mmmm, limiting this to five may be tough, but I'll give it a go.
- Chocolate, especially dark chocolate. Chocolate brownies, chocolate ice cream, chocolate.
- Pizza. Love it. Especially when it has a nice spicy sauce. I'm more of a thin crust kind of gal too. I'll eat just about any toppings, except onions, no onions. My fave would be green olives and pepperoni.
- Fajitas including the rice and beans and the chips and salsa that come before you eat. Oh and avocados/guacamole
- A really good Italian sub/hoagie with salt and vinegar chips and crispy dill pickles. Yes, this is just me sneaking in more food that I like.
- Buffalo Chicken w/ blue cheese. I like wings, boneless wings, sandwiches, I have yet to try the dip, but I'm sure it is delish. I like hot, but not so hot that you cannot enjoy it. I am a bit partial to Quaker Steak and Lube. They actually have a bar-b-que one that I like, I normally want to gag on barbque, unfortunately it is name buckeye barbecue. Buckeyes in WI is a bad thing. But I can eat just about every one of their sauces with out dying unlike BW3 where hot starts to be too hot for me. And I am not a big fan of the owls that hoots, but it has been a while since I have eaten there.
Well that's 5 but I also like a good chicken dinner, hamburgers, cake, damn I left off cake.
Posted by Robyn at 8:33 PM
Sunday, July 24, 2011
I never thought I would really enjoy a beach vacation. I didn't think I was one for camping out on the beach in the sun. I am fair and heat isn't a plus in my book, but I took up my friends offer of going out to Ocean City, MD for a long weekend to just get away. I needed a get away. I needed to just camp out on the beach in the sun. It was great.
The trip out was long. We left the house at 5:30 am to fly out of Milwaukee at 8. We landed in DC at 11:00am and then drove for what seemed like forever to get to Ocean City. We made a few stops to break up the drive and arrived into town around 4-4:30pm. Peanut Butter was one of those kids you don't want on a plane screaming how hungry she was when I wouldn't spend 5 dollars on graham crackers. My friends were out when we got there so we wandered down to check out the miles of beach.
We met up with my friends and had dinner at a restaurant set on the beach.
We hit the beach the next day and it was beautiful The weather was awesome. Peanut Butter was not. She was so afraid of the waves that she started screaming whenever she or I got close to the water. It was sheer hell at some points.
But it got better as the day progressed.
We went to dinner that night at Dead Freddie's which had this wonderful pirate ship play set out for the kids, so adults could actually have a conversation before and after eating.
My friend Marla and I took in some outlet shopping the next day while her husband took the kids to the beach. Peanut Butter started warming up to the water.
We had someone to watch the kids so the adults could get their clubbing on. We went back to the place on the beach and hung out for a while.
The last day before we left was a morning from hell driving all over to figure out where we were going to set up on the beach. Getting 12 people to focus can be an adventure sometimes. Peanut Butter was a wee bit crabby by the time we set up and ended up napping for quite a while. But she did get out and hit the water.
It was all good until we decided to go out a little further into the water. I had PB in my arms as we headed out, when I looked up and said crap, as a huge wave pretty much creamed us. PB was done, she was back to screaming about the waves again. She did mellow out a bit later.
I think Peanut Butter ended up with heat exhaustion by the end of the day and was pretty much out from 5pm on. We headed back the next day and I've been missing the beach ever since.
Posted by Robyn at 6:37 PM
Thursday, July 21, 2011
I wasn't sure how to approach this one do I do 6 and 6 like Kim or just 6. I'll try just six and see what happens.
- Hurley, my hometown, I have a love/hate relationship with the place. It will always be home, but I will always want to leave it behind, if that makes any sense. There are times I long for the simplicity of the area, yet wonder why since I like the hustle and bustle of a city too. I miss walking on the shores of Lake Superior looking for agates.
- Paris, or anywhere in France. If I could I would buy a place there and become an expat. I love the cafes, the chocolates, trying to speak my basic French. I love just walking around. I have been lucky enough to go twice and I hopefully will take Peanut Butter one day.
- New York City. The hustle and bustle of a city I love. Lots to do. Next time I go I have to hit Central Park and a show.
- Madison, WI best little big town. College town, family town, politics, lakes, laid back, eclectic, it has everything, but isn't too big. I really need to get out and explore it some more.
- Bavaria, I really want to go here. It looks so beautiful.
- Russia, I'd also really like to travel here too. I have no idea why, it just fascinates me for some reason.
Posted by Robyn at 7:54 PM
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
- I want my Peanut Butter to know how much I love her and how I never wanted her life to be disrupted in the way it is.
- I want to live a long healthy life. Seeing people with dementia, Alzheimer, and terminal cancer at work make me hope I never get one of those diseases.
- I want to finish my degree someday. Maybe now with everything that is happening is a good time to look into going back to school.
- I want to win the lotto, not a huge payout or anything just enough to buy a house, take sometime off, travel, and maybe start a little business. And yes, I play, so there is a chance.
- I want to learn Spanish.
- I want to someday do an across the globe trip through Europe and Russia. Like the Orient Express.
- I want to believe that things happen for a reason.
Posted by Robyn at 9:26 PM
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
- That something will happen to Peanut Butter.
- That I will live the rest of my life alone.
- Social Situations. I am horrible at small talk and getting to know people. I am not one of those open book people.
- What people think, I try to tell myself that I don't care, but I can't help but to wonder is thought.
- I will gain back a lot of the weight I have lost and/or won't lose any more.
- I have wasted so much of my life.
- Dying a horrible death.
Posted by Robyn at 1:53 PM
Saturday, July 2, 2011
- Burt's Bees Lip Balm. Love it. Chapstick or in the little tin, both are great.
- The rare perfect temperature shower. You know when the water is the perfect temp. and you could sit under it for hours.
- Traveling. I love going new places and checking out the sites. I'm not really a beach person, so we'll see how Peanut Butter and my trip to Ocean City will go.
- Dark Chocolate. I am a chocolate snob. When I was in Paris the last time I bought a bunch of chocolates and made them last a very long time. I almost felt bad when everyone I went with was sharing theirs and I was hording mine.
- Reading. I love a good story. Good Reads
- TV I love watching a good story too. I have a pretty wide range of what I watch. From Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Homicide, Veronica Mars, Grey's, Deadliest Catch, Supernatural. I really like BBC mystery shows like Sherlock and Cracker.
- I love a good lemonade.
- My Mom, she has always been there for me
- My Peanut Butter. It is true your whole life changes when you have a child.
Posted by Robyn at 8:27 PM