Monday, June 23, 2008

Which Way Do We Go

Peanut Butter seems to have this uncanny sense of direction. After dinner we got ready to go watch The Boy play baseball. I told her where we were going, but failed to tell her that we had to stop at the library first to drop off some stuff. As soon as we turned the "wrong" way she started screaming and threw her nuk, cup, and sunglasses out of the stroller. I picked them up and kept going, but she was still upset. After dropping said things in the drop slot we headed the direction of the field, but instead of going up a block to the street we usually take I kept going straight in the direction of the grocery store. Again, she starts screaming and throws her shoes out. I stopped and pick them up and explained that we were indeed going to the "ball" fields and that she needed to chill. She shook her head yes and we were on our way. As soon as she saw the fields she got all excited. I made sure we took out usual way home. She somehow remembers where everything is, it is crazy sometimes.
I wish I would have had my camera tonight. PB and J were sitting in the scorebox eating popcorn together, it was something. I said to myself that would've been the perfect photo. But in my harried state after spending 20 min to get out the door I forgot it.

6 comments:

Julie said...

That's cute. Emily is like that too. One day on the way to my MIL's I had a few errands and emily screamed the whole there "we're going the wrong way, your gonna get us lost" and when I would turn the car she would lose it and scream "No mommy, your wrong" it was incredibly frustrating to drive listening to that but kinda funny. Kids are so smart these days, were we this smart??

Mary said...

Cute picture:)

Isn't it crazy how all of a sudden they know which way to go? My guy flips every morning when we don't go straight at the light to his cousin "Babby's" (Abby) house. Instead we turn.

Holly said...

That's funny how she knows, and expects you to always follow, your "normal" route. Change is good, but sometimes it throws the kidlets for a loop, doesn't it?

Melissa said...

she is just too cute! Kids are just funny!

Laski said...

What a doll!!! Even with the throwing stuff . . . J is already doing that. He loves showing me his dissatisfaction . . . hilarious . . . for now.

Amy said...

She is darling! Sounds like she's a bit persistant - too cute!