Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hardcore or Delusional

I was having a pretty blah day and decided I would walk down to one of the fields J was umping at. I stopped at the library first and then was crazy and decided I should run at least to the field. As we get going, another Mom, with a stroller and her daughter walking with her, says to her daughter, " Let her through, she's hardcore and is running." Though I am far from hardcore, this little comment got me through a whole mile to the field. I stopped said hi to J and was going to let Peanut Butter play at the teeny park, but man-o-live with all the rain we got the the last month, the bugs are horrible. I had to put PB back in the stroller against her will and set off for home. Trying to save time I said just run the flipping thing. So block by block with a couple walk breaks I gaver, because I'm hardcore like that. I had to stop for a light which is right before the big uphill slope home and the bugs are buzzing and I pushed through to the top. I think I actually got what they call a runners high at the top. So either I was hardcore today by actually running 2.5 miles or just delusional.
hardcore

9 comments:

Poltzie said...

Oh, I miss that runners high, good for you!!

Michelle Leigh said...

Can you be hardcore and delusional? The question of the day!

Tranny Head said...

You're hardcore, man. I think once I stop nursing I will be able to run again . . currently if I run my boobs: 1) hit me in the face cutting off my oxygen supply; 2) are horribly painful; and 3) leak like a geyser.

Good thing I bought that jogging stroller . . . *snort)

jules said...

good for you.
Whether your hardore or delusional
You did it!!!

Mary said...

Hardcore sista, HARDCORE!!

April said...

Whoa. You ARE hardcore. That's awesome!

Motherhood for Dummies said...

oh I am starting to love that running high all over again. i finally started getting into running for real.

jessica said...

props to you. awesome! that is hardcore. running to my mailbox is hardcore to me.

Amy said...

You go girl! Hardcore - I love it!