Thursday, June 12, 2008
Thoughts for Thursday: Faking it til you Make it.
On one of the message boards I frequent there was a discussion about "faking it 'til you make it" which essentially is by telling yourself positive things and affirmations especially when things are bad can get you out of the funk. I do believe in the power of positive thought, using it is another thing. The fabulous Cassandra gave a woman a list of things to at least try, I figure at the very least I can try her first suggestion which was post 10 good things about your life.
1. I have a happy and healthy daughter and stepson
2. My husband loves me, and is not making me go to gooberville and is not mad about it.
3. We have a roof over our heads and it isn't a total shack.
4. After another monsoon of rain today, we only have puddle in our basement. Our house hasn't floated away.
5. I can run a mile further than I could 2 months ago.
6. I actually find my self wanting to exercise, maybe it is having Peanut Butter throw my shoes at me.
7. I don't mind my job as much now that I have a different post.
8. I still have money in my checking account.
9. I have the next 4 days off, in which I will do another of Cassandra's to dos which is post 3 scrapbooking layouts. And spend time just me and PB.
10. I have brownie mix in the cupboard in case of emergency.(they can't be all serious)
Posted by Robyn at 2:00 PM