Friday, April 11, 2008

We have a wedding this weekend. My cousin is getting married. It doesn't seem like he should be old enough, but he is. The bride to be seems extremely nice. They are Disney fanatics, he did the whole engagement get away at Disney World. I can't wait to see Peanut Butter tear up the dance floor. She has some mad skills. I have so much to get done this afternoon. I'm getting the spot checked out, I have to get shoes for PB and myself and probably her some tights and something for her hair. The boy may need to go to urgent care with an earache. Make dinner, get the boy off to practice, try and get a walk/run in. It doesn't seem like much, but throw getting PB in and out of the car all those times and ugh, it seems like a lot. I took tomorrow off to got to the wedding so I didn't have to go from 4:45 am til midnight or so, but J decides he should work then, so he'll be up at 3:00am and hopefully we'll make it to the church on time. It's about a 2hr drive. But hopefully it means he won't get all smashed at want to stay out til all hours. The party has left this girl a long time ago. I just can't do it anymore.

It will be nice to see my brother he's flying in from Jersey. It's a little weird we used to be super close and talk all the time, but as life happens we don't talk much and when we do it's a lot of dead air. We catch up and I think we feel bad that we don't have more to say like we used to and sit there.

It is going to be tight on the groceries for a bit, I and going to have to keep this budget in check. I know I should do meal plans, and I try, but with J's schedule, it goes awry and there are time the food gets wasted. I may have to start making the meals with out worrying if J is going to be home and let him eat leftovers. I really need to keep my spending in check, I've been trying, but food is killing me.

4 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Have fun! The kids dancing at weddings is the best part!

jessica said...

oh, have a great time :) i hope you catch up and 'connect' with your brother, it's so nice to see people at events.

Anonymous said...

The wedding sounds like it will be lots of fun . . . and I am glad to know I am not the only one who now likes to turn-in early!

I am with you on the food issue . . . meal planning when it is usually just me and the kids is hard, and often leads to a lot of leftovers that don't always get eaten. I am working harder on finding meals that only make 3 or 4 servings instead of 6 or 8.

KG said...

Food is SOO expensive now! I'm with you. You should definitely just make the food and let him eat leftovers!