Monday, April 7, 2008

Friday on a Monday

Is there anything better than leaving work on Fridays. I actually got up to got to work for 7 days in a row, I did leave early on Saturday, but I still had to drag my hinder out of bed at the crack of dawn. It has been really hard for me to get up this week I was practically sleeping through the alarm. I am looking forward to sleeping in til 7:30 and napping with Peanut Butter tomorrow.

I'm a bit mad that we didn't get out and play yesterday, it was beautiful again. J gave me PB in the parking lot at work and took off golfing. She hadn't had a nap yet, and instantly fell asleep on the way home. We snuggled up in the chair when we got home and napped a bit. We did walk to the grocery store so we did get some fresh air.

I was watching this interesting show on these "earth ships" in Taos. A guy bought all this land and started building self sustainable homes out of "garbage" the walls were old tires and concrete. They actually didn't look too bad. The were considered "off the grid" since they were not hooked up to any water, sewer or electric. All of this was done by solar, rain collection, and I'm not sure how they did the sewer, but it was done some how, one of the home owners talked about a flushing toilet. The county was really ticked off about it since the houses weren't conventional stick homes, therefore didn't meet building codes. I fell asleep went the battle began, so I'm going to have to catch it again. I'm sure you all are thinking I'm a big tree hugger, I'm not a radical or anything, I'm just concerned about the future.

PB and I got venturous today, I was falling asleep and feeling bad about all the M&Ms I ate today so we went out and did 2.2 miles, I think I ran about half of it. I did a mix of running and walking. I feel so much better now, I've been such a slacker. The only bad thing is, PB has a horrible diaper rash, and she had a semi runny poo as we were on the way home and was crying her I'm uncomfortable cry, dumb me couldn't figure out what the problem was until I get a whiff after we got home.

3 comments:

KG said...

ugh - diaper rash. I LOVE me some butt paste.

Amy said...

Keep running - great job!

jessica said...

i'd like to see that show i think. just when you said PB hasn't had runny poo... sorry that's happening!
and talking about m&ms - that's just making me hungry!