Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday: Summer Plans

summer vacation
With Memorial Day next weekend, the start of "summer" is just about here. Time for lazy days in the sun. We don't really have too much planned, and with the price of gas, I don't think we will do a whole lot of travelling. We have a few baseball tournaments for the boy, but most of them are pretty close, within 60 miles. We are going to gooberville next month. I wasn't going to go, but now for some odd reason it is calling me. Maybe because there isn't 7 feet of snow on the ground. I think we might try the Milwaukee Zoo, a Brewer game for sure, the Columbus Pool, and maybe a day trip to the Dells. I would like to go to the Twin Cities or Chicago, but I don't know if that will happen. I'd also think about camping once or twice.
Do you have any big plans for the summer? Does the price of gas have you down? Are you a regular weekend camper or beach goer?

5 comments:

jessica said...

hubs and i are taking our bi-annual trip to hawaii in june. otherwise, no real big plans here either. we have baseball too, and i just want to take it slow. i have a few weddings i'll be photographing, but i just want to enjoy the summer, it'll go too fast!

jessica said...

p.s. come to the twin cities!!

KG said...

PLEASE tell me what she tried to drink. It'll make me feel better!!!

Anonymous said...

I like to spend long weekends at home depot...all you have to do is bring some propane and a cooler...they already have all the lawn furniture and the grill...or sometimes I leave the cooking to them with the hotdog stand out front...

Anonymous said...

calvin rulz...well done