Friday, May 23, 2008

My Five Dollar Find

.


It is the big city wide rummage sale, of course I decided not to sell all of our junk, being a holiday weekend. Boy was I wrong. They are out in droves. I am a drive by rummager, I am looking for specifics and well I am a clothes snob and rarely buy them at rummages. I know it's dumb, but it is my thing. Anyhoo, I saw this lovely kitchen set as I drove by and had to stop. I have wanted to get Peanut Butter one for a while, but they are a little out of the budget right now. I walked up and the tag says 5 bucks, but it is filthy. I hate that. I almost walked away, when I though, ah hell, for 5 dollars you can clean the damn thing. I bought it and spent 20 min scrubbing the thing down. Peanut Butter could not wait to play with it. It was worth way more than the 5 dineros and time it took to clean it. She is having so much fun.
The bad thing is she will not nap. She fought it again today. I figured if I took her for a long run/walk she would succumb, but no. After 3.5 miles and an hour and a half of more rummaging. I ended up with 5 books, 3 beanie babies, a couple items of clothes, and a tired toddler. I finally basically forced her to nap by holding her in the recliner, which I hate doing. I now have a cranky half napped kid who is more than ready to eat. Good Times.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great find! I bet Peanut Butter loves it!

Julie said...

Hello!
I came by via April's blog :)

Great find, I love bargains.

I also call my daughter peanut butter, That's just too funny!!
She's a cutie...

OH & my daughter also fights me w/naps,I gave up awhile back, but now I told her she was too crabby and needed them again. For whatever reason that worked, and now she keeps telling everyone she is crabby-LOL

KG said...

That's a GREAT find - I always find total crap when I go to rummage or yard sales.

Dee said...

I came here via Tranny Head. Finally a blog where I don't have to squint my eyes to read!!

Anonymous said...

Five bucks? that is an AWESOME bargain!!!!

Amy said...

That, my friend was sooo worth it!