Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Little Me Time

Peanut Butter is indeed a chip of the ol' block. She has to be the only kid I know who likes Salt and Vinegar kettle chips. She's eats 'em up like her Mama.

J is working 4 am to noon tomorrow and is then going golfing. He has given me the privilage of going shopping by myself when he gets done which will probably be around 4:30. I'm really torn here. I really need some me shopping time and time to actually look at the items I'm putting in my cart. I actually ordered diapers online last week just to I wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of taking PB to the store. I on the other hand feel bad that I am not spending my whole day off with her. I have to keep telling myself I am going to go crazy if I don't take a little time even if it is only a few hours. With J being gone most evenings, I've been feeling very lonely, bordering on depressed to be honest. His baby's mama tried to hold a conversation with me the other night and I had nothing. I think she thought I was blowing her off, but I was just a blank page and more worried about where PB was running off to. I haven't even watched anything not resembling Noggin in 4 days except 10 min of the 10pm news, as I fall asleep. PB and I even watched Ratatoullie again last night.
I know I need this, I have to do this, I will leave PB for a few hours and be okay with it. Remind me to repeat this tomorrow at 4.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I feel the same way sometimes. I hate to leave Em behind, especially if I don't have to. But when I do I enjoy the time I do have alone. We don't like to admit it, but we do need our space/time.

Too bad we couldn't meet half way for coffee, but even that would be REALLY REALLY far-LOL!!

Natalie Jane said...

I'm confused. Is your daughter's name Peanut Butter? Am I missing something? Is she meant to be my daughter nemisis since my daughter has a peanut allergy?

Leslie Collins said...

I love Salt and vinegar chips. So does Reyna! It's crazy. I thought we were the only ones, too. :)