Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thank You for Banking With Us

It was a beautiful afternoon, cool, yet warm enough for shorts. I decided to take advantage of the afternoon to try and get a little bit of a run/walk in. I load up Peanut Butter and we head to the bank to set up a saving account for her. We get to the bank, cash in all the change from her piggy bank and ask to set up an account. We end up having to wait a bit for the next person available to set up an account. They happen to be sharing goldfish crackers today which is more than fine with Miss PB. She proceeds to eat about 10 half filled dixie cups and has maneuvered herself out of the stroller as they finally call for us. I ask her to sit like a big girl in a chair next to me in the tiny office and she does for all of 10 seconds. It then becomes a wrestling match for the next 10 minutes which feels like an eternity since she doesn't fight fair. I'm getting my eyes gouged out, arms pinched, and she is scratching any exposed skin. She takes off out of the office and I chase her, nab her, and give her another cup of the goldfish to try an appease her, to which, I'm sure to the delight of the account manager, PB throws across her desk. I am beyond anger at this point and I take her to the hallway and she then spits the goldfish which she is chewing all over my neck and chest. Did I mention they were the colored goldfish? So I have a smattering of pink/red goldfish stains across my grey t-shirt. I put her in the stroller and give her the you need a time out which she screams in rage about. The account manager is running to the tellers to get the money deposited and returns with a packet and says since, "I see she's not in such a good mood, I'll give you this, give me a call if you have any questions." Now get out and thank you for banking with us. No, not really, but I'm sure that's what she was thinking. We get out the doors and my demon child then becomes happy go lucky again and talks and points and acts like the last 20 minutes didn't happen.

How was your day?

6 comments:

CanadianMama said...

Oh, that PB is a dirty fighter!

tiarastantrums said...

ISN't this always the way!@!!

Anonymous said...

that sounds like when I take the wife anywhere...she acts just like that...

Anonymous said...

I wish places of business would be completely upfront with the wait time when they see you come in with a child! Telling me it is only going to be a few minutes and having it turn into 20 just makes me mad, and sends the kids on a downward spiral!

I wish I had the capacity to just forget lifes little tantrums after 20 minutes!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh LORD do I know this all too well!

Anonymous said...

oohhhhh...the life.