Friday, September 19, 2008

Dear Dr. Oz

Dr. Oz, I know we have never met in person, but I just want to say thank you for giving me a wake up call about my health. I want to say thank you for showing me fairly easy lifestyle changes that have: a. trimmed me down quite a bit, b. given me a new attitude toward exercise, yes, you can break up that 30 min., and c. just making health an issue to be aware of and explaining things in layman's terms. I bought and read your and your partner's book "You on a Diet" and albeit I skimmed through some parts, it opened my eyes to what I was throwing down as I was eating. I took to heart the 30 min of exercise a day, even if it is "just walking." I have been slacking a bit, but I have the basic tools to get back on track. I love that you will tackle any question thrown at you on Oprah and I got a lot out of your quitting smoking series even though I had already quit. I'm sure you will teach me more in the future which will only make me live better and longer.
Thank You
Robyn

1 comment:

imbeingheldhostage said...

Now THAT was a great idea. I can't tell you how many times a "celebrity" (Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, etc) has said something that made me change what I was doing, for the better. And why wouldn't someone who has made you live healthier be on the top of a thank you list? Well done, thanks for participating!