Monday, March 3, 2008

Dreading Tomorrow and Leave Time

It's back to work tomorrow after a wonderful five days off. Fortunately, I don't have to work a whole 7 day stretch since I took off next Sunday since we are going to the water park for the boy's birthday on Saturday and are staying over night. I'm supposed to go to a bridal shower that Sunday too, but I think it's just going to be too much driving and such. I don't really know her, so I may just send a gift. I have been using a lot of leave time this month, but I guess when you're busy you're busy. J gave me the greatest news, he has the schedule for traveling baseball already, yeah great. Of the 4 weekends of tournaments guess how many fall on my days off? None, zip, zero. So we're talking of possible 8 more days of leave I have to take off. Since he's not coaching this year, I may just make him suck it up and deal with the girl and watch the games. He's already got his undies in a bundle about next weekend when I'm going to a crop in IL for 2 days. The boy has a basketball tournament, so he doesn't know what on earth he'll do. Um, you have seen me do it every tournament, pay attention. Oh and find somewhere to change the girl, since schools frown upon having a diaper changer. I have learned to change her standing up. I wondered how they did it at daycare and I have caught on, great skill to learn. It is frustrating using all of my leave time for things not for myself. When I would like him to take a day I get a huge fight about it. I'm taking a freaking week of vacation in the middle of November to secure one day, so he can go deer hunting. I may have my mom come down again and maybe cancel that. We'll see. I'm really happy I made up my mind to go to this crop, I need some away time. But it is starting to come with guilt. Just let my have my birthday for crying out loud or beware the Ides of March.

2 comments:

Amy said...

hope you had a good day! the two day crop sounds like it will be a lot of fun. it's good to get away every once in a while!

Anonymous said...

Yeah --- call on your Mom --- she'll be happy to come help out and see the Granddaughter!!! Also -- don't you dare feel guilty about going scrapping!!! You deserve a couple of days away --- don't even argue with him --- just say -- yep, I'm going. You'll work it out, just like I do. I know you are man enough to handle it like a charm!!! LOVE YOU!!!