Monday, January 5, 2009

Bleacher Creature

It is that time of the year in which we become bleacher creatures for The Boy's basketball tournaments. These days can be long and trying with Miss Peanut Butter. PB is not one for sitting for any amount of time unless it is at home at her picnic table watching a dvd. No, bringing the dvd player does not work in the bleachers. PB also thinks the concession stands are like an open bar and she is ready to party. She doesn't really want anything, but will pitch a fit should she be denied. It makes for an even longer day when The Boy's team loses all three games. I have yet to decide whether I am taking off of work this Saturday for his next one. I know it makes life a lot easier for J, but sometimes I hate using up my leave time for all The Boy's sporting events. Especially when I take off work and his mom doesn't come to a single game that day.

PB has run into quite the naughty spell. She destroyed one of our portable dvd players with ice cream last night. It must have been hungry for strawberry that PB didn't seem to want. J was all upset with me as he was on the other side of the room from her as she did this. She some how got in the medicine cabinet and got the childproof cap of the liquid bendryl which thankfully was almost empty and that she decided the rocking horse needed a dose more than she did. I can see this girl hanging out her window at 15 to find some trouble. I thought I had grey hair now, OY.

J and I have decided to take The Boy and Peanut Butter to D.C. in the end of Aug. I am hoping PB is potty trained and not sleeping in her crib by then, but we'll see. I also hope that she will get something out of it. We plan to go to the National Zoo and I know she will enjoy that. I am just excited that we are going to have a vacation.

I'm also sorry for the lack of comments lately. I've been reading most posts, but not leaving any mark that I was there. I swear I'm going to do better over the next couple days.

5 comments:

Zoe said...

ahhh the joys of toddlerhood...and potty training!

Anonymous said...

She sounds scary. Just like my Emy. LOL Have you seen my hair lately? :eek:

Michelle Leigh said...

I see Bianca doing the same thing! They are too smart, and crafty! Little stinkers!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's been a busy life for you guys lately!!

KG said...

The zoo is fantastic - and so is the national aquarium in Baltimore. It's REALLY great ... but make sure to get your tickets in advance if you go there!