Sunday, November 4, 2007

Lost to Navy??

Notre Dame lost to Navy for the first time in 43 years, and it has to happen the first time we go to a Notre Dame game.

We drove to Michigan City, IN, on Friday. Our map quest directions we a wee bit off, but we finally found our hotel. We freshened up, changed, and went for dinner at the Heston Supper Club. They had the best prime rib I've ever eaten. It was fantastic. I had the perch too, which was fine. If you go, be prepared for a long dinner. I think we were there for an hour and a half, with no dessert. We headed back to Michigan City and I said, hey we haven't been to a movie since before Peanut Butter was born, so we found the local cineplex and saw Dan in Real Life. I really liked it, a romantic comedy. Steve Carell is awesome.

We left for South Bend fairly early and got to the College Football Hall of Fame around 9:30. We walked around for about and hour and a half. We had been there before, so it wasn't as interesting as the first time. But a decent place to see if you're interested in that sort of thing. We headed toward Notre Dame and ate brunch at Bob Evans. I had their pumpkin bread slices; they were delish. So much for eating well, but I justify it being vacation. We got to Notre Dame around noon and J was like a kid in a candy store. He was excited, he's been a Notre Dame fan his whole life. We had been on campus before, but never to a game. The campus is beautiful and there was still some fall color left. There of course were tons of "my"people, as J called them. We saw touchdown Jesus, bought some fleeces, walked to the church, the golden dome, to the fountain they dye green for game day, and around the stadium. We went in the stadium about an hour before the game, the view from the top was amazing.

The game was pretty good, why Notre Dame didn't try to kick a field goal to try and win at the end of the 4th quarter is beyond me. 3 OTs, it was pretty exciting. It was such a let down when they lost. We left right away and luckily got to the shuttle to the parking lot and made the second bus, they family in front of us said last time they waited 45 min to get back. We got out of the lot and on the express way right away and made pretty good time back. We picked up Peanut Butter at 10:20. She was excited to see us. Our friends said she was really good.

All in all it was a great get away. I had a lot of fun, though I did miss my PB.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Great pictures! Glad you enjoyed your weekend away! And by the way-- I LOVE Steve Carell, too!