Thursday, April 1, 2010

No Foolin'

I decided to make the first of April my start date to get some sort control back over eating and exercising. I started off the day with a little Jillian and the 30 day shred level one. Honestly, at the end of the 20 min I was asking my self why I shelved my girl for so long. I felt great. Yeah, it was only level one, but considering I haven't done any real exercise except walking here and there. I need to make a real effort to keep in check the stuff I  am putting into my mouth. I have been on a sugar binge for about a month now and it has to stop. I know I write about this semi often and I'm sure, "jeeze girl, put the cookie down and just workout." has crossed a mind or two. I know it does mine as I am writing, I'm working on it.
Speaking of walking. I tend to try to walk around town whenever feasible. Peanut Butter jumps in the stroller and we go to the grocery store, the library, the bank, and various other places. Most of these places are at the most a mile and a half from my house and I figure I'm getting a little exercise in too, But I think people find this odd. A girl, about 5, the other day asked PB why she was in a stroller. While PB does a lot more walking herself, 2-3 miles can be a bit much. Which makes me think of a photo of Sarah Jessica Parker tooling her 5 year old in a stroller in NYC, I didn't find it odd, but the tabloid did because of his age. I wonder if because I don't live in a Metro city that more people think the same, since walking to get around isn't the main form of transportation. I don't know, but I'd like to give the finger to the a$$ who blared on his horn while screaming around the nice woman who stopped at a pedestrian crossing to let me cross the road.
Well, I should jump in the shower and get going. Since I have to walk to the eye doctor and then PB and I are going to get some sammies and picnic at one of the parks. I might even hit 80 today. Who knows maybe the zoo tomorrow.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Level 1 still kicks my butt somedays.

I too am glad for the nice weather. Doesn't seem like exercising if you are walking outside.

Mary said...

I think it's great that you try to walk around your town as much as possible! And I don't find anythign wrong with PB in a stroller! She'd be exhausted let alone might not even be able to make it!
Hope you get to enjoy your day today.....the sun is TRYING to come out over here. We're still under water though!

Anonymous said...

I am looking to you for motivation because I am starting to slide back into the sugar-zone again! And I am THRILLED that both Cooper and Maren still ride with little arguement in the jogger. They get tired after a mile-or-so, and taking them with me is the only way I get an outdoor workout in, so it is a must.