Tuesday, August 2, 2011

10 Days of You: 4 Books


One thing I like is a good book.


  1. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  3. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
  4. The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
A few others could have made this list, Harry Potter, In the Shadow of War, The True Story of Hansel and Gretel. Apparently I like books with a good struggle, whether physical or mental. These are all books I have no problem reading again and again. I'll also admit that The Road can be a hard book to get through. McCarthy does have his own style of writing. Yes, the other books that I have loved, I love a good Lee Child book, fast paced, kick ass, a good thriller/mystery, I like Michael Connelly and Dennis Lehane, and a good novel, This Much I Know is True by Wally Lamb is wonderful, The Spellman series is a hoot, and I like the YA with Hunger Games and The Book Thief.

    2 comments:

    Mary said...

    I've started about three different books this summer and have yet to finish one....ugh! Hopefully I'll get caught up sooner or later :)

    Lesle Alvarado said...

    I need to read more.

    I go through phases . . . I won't pick up a book for months and then I'll read three or four in a row.