Monday, November 29, 2010

Still Alive

Yes, I am still alive and Peanut Butter also survived the week of deer hunting. It was a very long week of having J gone. I did catch the new Harry Potter movie, it was good, but I think I was so worried about where they were going to end it I didn't just watch and enjoy. I may have to see it again. PB and I also saw Megamind. It was ok. Good story, but it wasn't the best movie. PB is gearing up for Tangled one of these days. I also switched The Boy's room with PB's room and repainted both. The Boy's original room was disgusting. There must have been and inch of dust everywhere and a bagillion candy wrappers under the bed since that is an easier place to put them rather than the garbage can. I also realized that we do not need anymore stuffed animals. This is the crazy amount we had.
Photobucket
I narrowed it down to one basket, but then filled another with all of PB's babies. 

PB has been doing really well in school. She is so proud of the things she is learning. She is showing us how she writes her name and practices and practices. She cuts all the paper she can get her hands on with scissors so our living room floor looks like a confetti pile. She is getting very attentive with her coloring, stating, "I no scribble, see!" It takes her a long time to color this way and I don't think she is finishing some projects at school because she is so worried about coloring "nice." Here she is practicing some of her letters with Nana.
Photobucket

I was honored to be mentioned in Nicole's post on Mom's Sippy Cup the other day. It was a great post on deciding to put your mind to doing something and just doing it. I really miss Nicole blogging so it was great to read her in blog form again. I hope it gets her to start one again. It also got me thinking what I need to do now. I really would like to finish my degree at some point in my life. I don't know if I will ever use it for anything, but just to say I have one would be sweet. I am starting to look at some options. I am also lining up another race to run. I'd like to do this New Year's Day race, but it is 5 miles. I know, I know, I can do five miles if I put my mind to it. I have already run 4.5 miles, so I just have to make it work. If I put down the money for it, I will have to. 

4 comments:

Kat said...

You can totally do 5 miles! You have time to work up to it too. You should do it! :)

Glad you made it through deer hunting week. It was a long week for us too.

Leslie Collins said...

Gotta love deer hunting week. Bleh! hahaha.

It was a very nice mention of you. If I were you, I would go for it. :)

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet! And I mentioned you because I really am so proud and so impressed! I say go for it on New Year's - YOU CAN DO IT!

CanadianMama said...

That's awesome that PB is doing so well - love that her coloring has to be so perfect :)

Also, congrats on making it a week without the hub. It's hard hey!