Friday, November 5, 2010

Ready to Race?

I have finally reached my lowest weight since college. I still would like to lose quite a bit more, but I know this is the point at which I have the hardest time breaking through. It is nice fitting in to smaller clothes though. I have actually run enough that the capris I run in are practically falling off when I run.  I can't believe I am saying I run. I do, I run at least 3 times a week. I never thought I would say I can run three miles, but I can. I can actually even run 4 miles. I have started kicking around doing a 5k or maybe a 10k when I get that mileage on a consistent basis. I don't know what has got me even thinking about it. I don't run very fast, but I am getting this urge to prove that I really run, like a race is some kind of proof maybe. Will running a race do this for me? I don't know.

I am getting bored with some of the music I run to though. If anyone has some tunes that get them moving and want to share let me know. I listen to just about anything.

2 comments:

MIchelle said...

I kinda feel like I need to do a weight loss contest to get myself back into shape, again! Running a race just doesn't do it for me, I hate racing! I like running, just not racing. Although, the rush is like nothing else!

Anonymous said...

I am so, so proud of you! To be able to say that you are a runner is a huge accomplishment and to say that you have run a 5K or a 10K would be furthur proof of that!

And I was supposed to e-mail you my current music loves . . . "If I Had You" (Adam Lambert), "Move Along" (All American Rejects), "Two Step" (Dave Matthews Band), "Ants Marching" (Dave Matthews Band), "This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race" (Fall Out Boy), "Colour Me Free" (Joss Stone), "Laid" (Matt Nathanson), "Starry Eyed Surprise" (Paul Oakenfold), "Raise Your Glass" (P!nk), "Battleflad (Lo-Fidelity Allstars Mix)" (Pigeonhead), "Colorful" (Rocco DeLuca), "King of Anything" (Sara Barellis), "Chocolate" (Snow Patrol), "Walls (Circus)" (Tom Petty), and "Shark In The Water" (VV Brown). I am a music whore.