Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Did It

I officially ran my first 5K this am. I also ran it pushing Peanut Butter in the jogger. I am cuckoo. Oh and did I mention that it poured during the race. Double trouble. Amazingly, PB stayed in good spirits and I ran the whole thing with out killing anyone with the stroller, though I bumped a girl who stopped right in front of me. I have to admit it was extremely emotional for me for some odd reason. Someone yelled at me, "Go Mom, your doing great!" and I started to well up. I don't know if it is because I have actually accomplished something or what. I will say it is very hard to run a race with a stroller or at least this one was. It was the Girls on the Run 5K which supports getting girls running in 5-6th grade to boost confidence and esteem, so there was a couple hundred tween girls that I was trying to maneuver around and since the 5 of us with strollers started dead last, we had to get through quite a few people to get going. It was fun and heck, I might have to try another one preferably on a day that isn't rainy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! I am SO, SO PROUD OF YOU! I cannot even imagine how awesome it felt to cross the finish line!

ohshootphotography said...

that's fantastic!!! I'm so jealous!!! You must be so proud!! Way to go!!

Denise said...

GOOD for YOU!!! I am proud of you. Way to go. A 5K is on my bucket list....someday I will do it to.

Unknown said...

FABULOUS!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Great job and way to hang in there and stick it out in the rain!! You go Girl!!!
Love you Lots,
Mom