Tuesday, March 9, 2010

And So Are the Days

Tomorrow is day seven of a loooong week at work, and then begins my wonderful 5 day birthday weekend. J is celebrating by going up north with the fellas and I get to go to a basketball tournament and have Peanut Butter nickel and dime me at the concession stand all weekend. The Boy's birthday is on Friday and I haven't had any word from him on what he fancies, so he is getting some basketball shorts since he can never seem to find a pair at our house. His Mom is taking him to Black Eyed Peas, I am a little jealous.  I am fancying a wii or just cold hard cash to buy some pretty paper and embellies next weekend when I go to the Scrap for a Cure. I have been holding out on buying anything since every year when I go there is so much there that catches my eye.  
I excited to go next weekend since I desperately need some me time which is more than 5 hours. I got a great rate on a room and have decided to go to IL on Friday instead of waking up at the crack of dawn and driving the 4 hrs then. The only downer in that is I will probably get stuck in rush hour traffic in Chicago.
The discussion  is brewing between J and I about sending Peanut Butter to 4K next year. I would like to send her if she can go and J would like to hold her back because of her late birthday. J apparently talked with her speech therapist and she said PB could go, but she is behind in some areas. She said we could hold her back if she struggles should we send her. She is going to meet with me next Tues when they have parent conferences at day care.
I don't know if I mentioned this previously, but PB is dying to see Alice in Wonderland. Though when she says it, it sounds like Alice in my underwear. I heard through my Mom that she may not be ready for it, so I'm torn, since I have a free ticket to see it.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sending not sending is such a hard decision. Nice that you have the hold back option, but seems like that is a tough decision to make too.

The previews for A in Wl creep me out, so I'm no help there...

Anonymous said...

Time out-of-town sounds HEAVENLY! And you so deserve it! Happy Birthday, Momma!

imbeingheldhostage said...

I took Miss Ky and her scaredy kat 6 year-old brother and they both did fine. The previews make it look much more sinister than it seems when you're watching it. It IS very long though...

Out of town time? I'm jealous. Enjoy the Birthday bonanza :-)