Friday, December 5, 2008

Fighting the Flu and the Flab


Today is my day off and I was looking forward to a nice long sleep without the worry of an alarm clock and things started blissful I fell right to sleep listening to Celebrity Rehab. Some day I will catch a whole episode at home or the gym. Around 1ish Miss Peanut Butter wasn't happy with her own sleeping arrangements and came to bed with us. Shortly after this I awoke to some gurgling and bolted up to grab PB as she was puking in our bed. Yep, a nice round of puke on the sheets and my poor electric blanket. We got her to the toilet and she heaved a little more drank some water as we remade the bed. And again went back to sleep like an angel. I don't know if she has some mild form of the flu since she has thrown up or had some diarrhea since Monday. J seems to think she gets too much phlegm in her stomach at night. I don't know but I am really hoping this is a puke free night since we did the nasty diaper this afternoon.

At least we got a nap in today. The gym kicked my butt this morning.
I will still give my props to those of you who run. I don't know if it was because I already did 2.5 miles on the elliptical but I could barely force myself to run a couple tenths at a time and I was dragging the rest of the day until my nap. I'm beginning to think this whole gym thing is a sham. I am not losing any weight and have become substantially hungrier, which has been some how forcing me to shove cookies down my throat. But I am beginning to think about this whole giving up the diet soda. I love my diet coke, but they say diet sodas make you want more sugar, so I went with out it today and I didn't nearly crave as much sugar as I normally do. I did however still buy another case of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww man, I'm sorry she's still sick. I know you could use a good night's sleep.

I have no advice to offer towards the gym, that's just not my thing . . . at all. LOL