Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday: Best Laid Plans

I can be a bit anal about plans. I completely plan itineraries for vacations(though I'm beginning to wonder what those are). I go into research mode when planning a project. I am currently in the planning stage of redoing our porch into a playroom. There really isn't a whole lot I need to do, but I just can't start. I am consumed with the little details. Should I, can I fill in the mortar on the bricks, should I paint, what kind of flooring is affordable, yet some what green? Should I make curtains, buy them? It just has me overwhelmed. I know I just need to sit and tackle the really necessary things first, like the bricks. Until I decide what to do there and get it done, I can't move forward. So I am going go to Menard's and tackle this, I think.

Are you a planner? Do you relish in the little details? Do you play it by ear and hope for the best?


5 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

Yeah, I don't really plan. I'm more of an impulsive person. I get an idea and it has to happen immediately. I wish I could plan a little better, but it never seems to make it to that phase in my brain, it's too fast moving up there!

Anonymous said...

I am like you- stuck in the planning. My toy room has been without a couch for two years now, because I just can't figure out what style and where in the room it should go. Ugh.

Cecily R said...

Planning never works for me. My lack of organization skills makes planning difficult. I make lists and never follow through....

Planning or not I LOVE your idea to make the porch into a playroom! So cool!

Dana said...

It really depends on what it is. I like to have a plan for our day and our weekends, although that rarely happens.

Other than that, with projects, I need to plan. I don't want to act impulsively because I'd like to have an idea of what the end product will look like... especially if it's something I have to stare at for a long time.

Julie said...

I'm a planner and a list maker. I sometimes plan things well before I have to. I think I enjoy the planning part too much!!!